Monday, May 2, 2011

What Happens in Vegas...



During the week of April 11 I had the wonderful opportunity to visit five excellent schools in Las Vegas. It was Nevada Reading Week, and the theme was “Reading Rocks!” I spoke to over 3,000 children and I had a wonderful time. Each school was friendly and prepared, and the kids were well behaved and very involved.

I have spoken to, and worked with, elementary students for years, and I taught High School for almost 4 years, but I don’t have much experience with Middle Schools. But I must say, my presentations at Sawyer Middle School were some of the best of the week. The kids seemed to enjoy and learn from my talk, and just like the little kids, they were very impressed by the drawing part of the show. And even when the one student asked, “Do you steal all of your ideas from other books?” he had a smile on his face!

I’d just like to thank the teachers, students and organizers at…

Lucille S. Bruner Elementary
Richard Bryan Elementary
J. M. Ullom Elementary
John F. Mendoza Elementary
Grant Sawyer Middle School

for a great week, and I hope to go back next year!

---Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment