Thursday, October 6, 2016

Textures and colors...

I spent some time today looking at Jon Klasson's work trying to figure out what he does with layers, colors and textures.  I had this simple sketch in one of my books, and added some color to it using some notions inspired by Klasson.  I don't want to learn, or copy, his style, but I want to push my coloring, and I thought his work might lead me in some new directions.  Just a note, I did not have any of his work in front of me while doing this, I just went by what I remembered.




And here's the unedited sketch from my book. 


1 comment:

  1. The method of using colors, textures, and layers in your paintings is so amazing. Indeed, it’s incredible the way you turn a plain sketch into something new using the various colors and creative thinking. The process of creative thinking is just as important in producing unique artwork in industries like CV editing service Dubai. In particular, I really admire the way you tried to find out what your creative path was.

    ReplyDelete