Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More digital work

On Saturday, I spent a few hours with some people from NYC Urban Sketch.  This is a group that meets each week in a different spot in NYC.  Their goal is to draw and document the urban landscape.  I will write more about this at a later date.  While at Central Park, which, as we all know is a very beautiful place, I drew a pile of junky boxes.

First up is the color piece.  The color was added at home in photoshop.  There's a lot of layers in there, including cut papers, and enlarged watercolor smears.

I've also added a scan of the original drawing from my notebook.  You'll see that I did clean up a few lines, mainly around the bottom of the ladder.  But you can also see that there are no pencil guidelines.  I just jumped in with the pen.




No comments:

Post a Comment