Friday, October 17, 2014

New Book, and Fangbone! update...


Today I started drawing a new picture book written by David Friend.  I haven’t worked on a picture book since 2010, so I’m really excited to get rolling.  It’s a truck book, so that was a terrible joke. 

The first thing that most illustrators do when creating a book, is sketch the whole thing out on one large piece of paper.  This way it’s easier to break up the text, and get a sense of what the whole thing will look like.   I also start looking for good compositions to emerge.  The picture below was just my first pass. There will be many, many more…


People keep asking about the Fangbone! TV show.  I wish I had some answers myself.  The stuff I do know, I can’t share.  Things are looking good though. The waiting at this point is very, very difficult, and it would crush me if the project fell apart this late in the game.  I’m trying to stay positive, which actually is not my default setting and it takes a great deal of effort.  And cake.  Cake helps.



This is a scan from my 2001 picture book, “The Pie is Cherry.”  Sadly, it is no longer in print.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I am not getting what you want to say. I wish you had shared it with some more details; it would be very easy to understand for me. Although, I wished to do more research on it but first I have to Buy Persuasive Essay online. Later, It can be possible to do more research on it.

    ReplyDelete