Sunday, September 1, 2013

Two types of sketches...

Over the last two weeks I have had very little time to do any "real" work.  Camp is over, but school has not started yet.  That means I have the boys at home all day.  We have a lot of fun, and I keep them busy. I get some work done at night after they are in bed, but sometimes I'm just too wiped out.   I have, however, had some time to sketch and just have fun with my drawings.

Below are two sets of sketches.  The first is observational drawings, and the second is creative work. However, all the sketches were done with the same materials and technique.  For these drawings, I put in the goldish/brown value first using watercolor, and then drew all of the lines.  I'm usually a slave to line, so this was a good opportunity for me to try to shake off some of my bad habits.







No comments:

Post a Comment