Wednesday, August 7, 2013

More Fangbone! TV design sketches


The Fangbone! pilot is flying along.  Early in the summer the all of the voices were recorded, the storyboards are done, designs have been finalized, and right now I am patiently waiting for the first rough edit.

I still can’t show any of he work produced by the great folks at Mercury Filmworks, but I can post sketches that I have done.

While the designers use some of my sketches almost verbatim, others are used as jumping off points.  People have asked me if I have liked working with other artists, and how it feels to have my worked changed.  Personally, I think it’s great.  The people I am working with are insanely talented, and they really understand Fangbone!

In fact, the best part of this project has been the day I spent up at Mercury doodling and laughing with the lead designer.  It made me feel like I was drawing in my parent’s basement with my friends when I was a kid. It reminded me of why I got into drawing and telling stories for a living.

The actual animation is scheduled to start in September.

This is a detailed drawing of Fangbone's cave.



Some ideas for the tents that the barbarian clans would use.


A throne for Drool.  Known as the "Bone Throne."


This is a communication portal that Fangbone uses to talk to the wizard in Skullbania.  I can't show you him, but he's awesome.


This is how Drool watches Fangbone and Bill.  I can't show you what's it's filled with.


Some character work, and a prop.


1 comment:

  1. Oh great! references for backgrounds. Specially Fangbone´s cave because it has lots of rooms.

    ReplyDelete