Monday, November 19, 2012

Better than video games!



As I said in my last post, I usually don't make this stuff public, but this came in the other day and really touched me!  When people take the time to reach out and share their experiences with my books, it reminds me of why I do this, and keeps me going late at night.

"Good evening.  I am the parent of a child with high functioning autism who immerses himself exclusively in video games for entertainment.  Last night we had a long talk about other things we can do to fill his time and I suggested he read more.  Today, we went to the library.  He was unenthusiastic.  He has read all the graphic novels for his age and cognitive development level.   Then we discovered Fangbone.  He could not put it down!  What a shame the library has only the first book in the series (Something I intend to remedy right away).   This book was exactly what he needed!   It made his first day of limited tech time so enjoyable.    Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Keep writing!   You have a devoted fan club."

No comments:

Post a Comment